Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day Two

Well, we are here. We made it without any major bumps and bruises. I am actually quite surprised at how well the trip went. Everyone traveled well...considering. Once we settled into our unit, we noticed how nice the place was. We have two bedrooms and two baths. The master has a great soaking tub and pillow top queen beds. Dish TV, high speed Internet, and a full kitchen. Granted, the kitchen doesn't have everything I'm used to but I can definitely work with it. The surrounding area is nestled in the trees. Impressive.

So now that we are here, we have a wealth of options for us to explore. The visitors and convention bureau had brochures for all kinds of things to do. I am in the process of deciding what to do first. I have so many ideas that I doubt we can do everything. Besides, it is hot. And humid. I do not like hot or humid. But I refuse to let this opportunity pass without seeing a lot of things. Friends have given us some great ideas. I can't wait. Neither can the children.

Nothing real exciting to report yet. I wanted to keep everyone updated. Today we got to see a lot of downtown architecture. I look forward to seeing St. John Church soon.

1 comment: