Sunday, May 6, 2012

God Always has a Lesson to Share

God spoke to me the other day. Not literally, but very real. Let me explain a little. I struggle with depression.  More often than I care to admit. Some of my close friends do not even know because I tend to hide the struggle. I always have an excuse or reason if I seem "off". So as I was stewing one night, I felt like I should read my Bible. Never mind that I had no idea what I was going to read at that time. But I stopped stewing long enough to walk over and pick up my Bible and open it. It fell open to Psalm 28. Evidently David has had his share of trouble because the words that were penned, well, they comforted me. It says...
    
     " Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. Draw me not away with the wicked...Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him..."

Even though I left out lots of the Psalm, it is those verses in particular that whapped me. I needed to hear those words so badly that I actually started to tear up. I wasn't the only one who felt like they were being pulled down against their will! That was so comforting. It changed my whole outlook. Now I can pray that Psalm and know that God will honor those words that HE inspired through David.

My life was changed in that moment and I share this personal story because I hope and pray that maybe, just maybe, someone else can benefit from this passage and be as blessed as I was. I have turned to the Word many times in my life. But somehow this time, I was shocked that it spoke so personally to what I was battling. I am forever grateful for the inspired Word.

2 comments:

  1. love you and looking forward to seeing you this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would believe how much your words can comfort those around you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete