Thursday, June 28, 2012

Scatter Brained Musings

I always have lots to say but never at the right time. I want to thank my friends at Steeped by Sarah and Aunt Theresas Adventures for posting about cloth wipes. We have been doing something similar for a while but since we are still washing diapers, we just stick them in there. Funny thing is, that when we are out of town, we miss the cloth wipes. Do you think that we could start a revolution and request all hotels and such, offer an option for cloth wipes?

I also want to discuss, (or spout off on), the new diet at my house. We are handeling it fairly well. I want to know when my cravings for warm, chewy, bread is going to subside. The children are doing well. They are acting better and the rashes and lumps are gone. I am having a new respect for other people who have it worse off than we do. But that does not make it any easier here. <sniff, sniff>  My dear boy has been asking for something sweet, so I made over my baby ruth bar recipe. I used gf corn flakes and honey, brown and white sugar, almond butter, cashew butter, hemp and flax seeds, and enjoy life chocolate chips. Totally not good for you but they tasted pretty good. A little more dense than the original but I won't complain.

My hubby has gotten his next project dates at work. He is going to leave for almost 3 months. We were just informed that there is a provision for family to go along on these trips. So my sweetie has scoped extended stays and has brought them to me for approval, just in case I choose to go with him. I must say that is the way to do hotel stays. A full kitchen, seperate bed and bath and comfortable sitting areas that include a dining table. Now I have to get over the hebbie jeebies about other people sitting and living there before me. The same furniture...ewwww. There are codes for cleaning, right? But another nice thing is that there is high speed internet and cable TV. Both things that we do not have here. HGTV, here I come! Plus there are sooo many things to do on off times.

I told you this was scatter brained. So many things running thru my mind. I am getting ready for my birthday, and for some reason, I'm starting to feel old. Yikes, I said it out loud. My vanity took over and I got low lights. Hard to do when everything else I do is so natural. I know that low lights are anything but natural. But on a bright note, they look great! A lot of my gray is gone (for now) and my hair is softer. Now if the curls could decide to stay or go. They have a mind of their own. But having said that, I was hoping that hubby would take me out, without the children, and we could sit in the quiet and talk without interuptions. If you see him, let him know, ok? Ahhh. So much better now. Untill my brain fills up again, I'm through. Have a great summer day!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to read your post and feel like we are chatting! Hope your three months is in my neck of the woods when I will actually be there and that you decide to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to be closer than you can imagine...I think. I will fill you in as it comes closer and we know more. Right now, I can't wait for the little joy to arrive so that we can snuggle him. :)

      Delete