Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is It Over Yet?

It is nice to be able to blog again. Sorry that I have been absent. In the time that I was away, we have moved twice, started a new job (hubby), unpacked a Pod (three days before Christmas), attended a lot of family functions, and settled into life as we know it. It all started with the job offer for hubby and it all snowballed from there. He accepted the position knowing that we did not have a place to live but God provided us the opportunity to stay at his mothers while they were away. Not perfect but doable. The only hitch was that it meant a 1.5 hour commute each way. The commute and crazy gasoline output made us double our efforts to find a place of our own. Again God provided. Not perfect or exactly what I had in mind, but doable. See a pattern developing? We were able to get the keys and start cleaning and we picked a date to move in. We got help. We called Pods to deliver our things. Here the problem developed. Our date was not available. The quickest they could deliver was the Tuesday before Christmas. Sometime before 7pm. Oh, and by the way, they would be picking it up that Friday, early. No pressure. But now I do not have help lined up. Again God provided. Not my prefered method... Okay so I have established a pattern of how my life has unfolded over the past several weeks. Omiting the mundane and crazy. God has been teaching me a lesson. I have a plan but it might not be HIS plan and thus I need to step back and relax. Right. Easier said than done. So I have to ask... did I learn or is this going to haunt me for a while? All joking aside, I really would like some planned order and serenity. God is in control. Always. I have my plans and desires. Always. It is where these two meet that is the quandry. I hope I learn whatever lessons God has for me quickly... I keep asking, is it over yet???

1 comment:

  1. Life has it's many lessons and God has a sense of humor, but He has stated that He will never give us any temptation, trial, or lesson that is too much for us to bear. We just have to be willing to let God be in control. I like the bumper sticker, "God is not my co-pilot, He is the PILOT!"

    ReplyDelete