Saturday, July 26, 2014

Travel and Our New Digs

After four official days of travel, we have arrived at our destination. Phew! On our way down, we had an opportunity to visit with our friends in Tennessee. Most of two days was spent catching up,  enjoying the company, sitting on front porches, and the ever so interesting junk store excursion. I cannot explain why, but the junk store is a place of wonder. It is never the same twice and if you are willing to hunt, you can find lots of bargains. Especially on the organics and natural products. Ahhh. (Sorry. Bunny trail. :)) Our travel seemed to take forever and as always we had a deluge in Atlanta. Why it always rains there when we are passing thru is beyond me. But...once we arrived here, I realized why people snow bird here.

Our area is close enough to the big city to find anything but far enough away that I am only a hop from the water. By the way, the water is warm! I have enjoyed our week so far. The heat hasn't bothered me as much as I had anticipated. Maybe the heat at home bugs me because it is never warm very long...whatever the reason, I am really liking my time so far. Everything is so green! We saw an aloe plant that was my height! Huge and super cool. And, the children have a mission to catch a gecko at least once. Several have been spotted and stalked but no capture yet. :)

Our next order of business is to find an educational and fun place to visit on our first set of off days. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for possibilities. Any ideas for me? I am trying to steer clear of the obvious tourist traps but Sea World might be an option because of the animals. I guess it needs more research...I have never been there.

For those of you wondering, C had a good birthday. She picked a place to eat out and chose to have her toes painted. She received a few cards here and loved getting mail. She sends a big thank you!! We took a walk and encountered two very large cranes. They did not run or act scared of us, but we were wondering if we could get close enough to touch them. Nope. Once we were in arms reach they sauntered off like they were just testing us. It was neat to be so close.

I hope all is well with all of our friends and family. We miss you all. But the possibility of me finding a location to just plop and stay is increasing all the time. The pretty weather doesn't help. :)

1 comment: